Dharma Voices for Animals (DVA) is the only international Buddhist animal rights animal advocacy organization in the world. Working with DVA is an opportunity to bring the practice of right livelihood into your life. DVA is committed to building a diverse staff and offers equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.
Currently Available Positions
Director of DVA’s US Centers Project
Dharma Voices for Animals (DVA), the only international Buddhist animal advocacy organization in the world, is seeking a Director for our US Buddhist Centers Project. The Project encourages Buddhist centers to make incremental changes and to eventually transition to a fully plant-based center. DVA is a registered 501(c)(3) in the State of California. The Director will work 20 to 25 hours per week and will receive compensation between $20,000-$30,000 depending on experience.
- Remote in the United States
- Live in the US
- Some connection to Buddhism and Dharma practice
- Some experience in animal rights or animal advocacy
- Interest and some experience in advocacy, such as working in a social action or political campaign
- Basic computer proficiency, including data entry, web browser, emails, etc. Experience with FileMaker is a plus
- The US Centers Project Director’s role will be to advocate for diet change with 100 % plant-based US Buddhist Centers as the ultimate goal.
- Maintain a database of the US Buddhist Centers by adding new centers to the current group of approximately 400 and updating information on all centers.
- Work with volunteers to establish dialogue with US Buddhist Centers.
- Communicating with the Centers to begin dialogue.
- Using DVA teachers, other members, and volunteers to establish ongoing relationships with Centers.
- Keep President updated on important issues.
- Keep Communications Director updated for social media, website, and newsletter posting.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below. We are looking forward to meeting you,