Dharma Voices for Animals (DVA) is the only international Buddhist animal rights animal advocacy organization in the world. Working with DVA is an opportunity to bring the practice of right livelihood into your life. DVA is committed to building a diverse staff and offers equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.
Currently Available Positions
- Approximately 30 hours per week (negotiable)
- Keep donor records and correspond with most donors
- Keep human resources records
- Schedule appointments for President
- Record expenses and revenue
- Liaison with four Project Directors in the US, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Liaison with other animal organizations that DVA is involved with such as 50by40, Animal Interface Alliance, Aquatic Animal Allinace, Synergia Animal, Jewish Veg, Interfaith Vegan Alliance, Compassion Consortium, etc.
- Help provide content for our social media platforms
- Look for opportunities to start and develop DVA Chapters in other countries
- Tech support as backup to Communications Director (Basic data entry (FileMaker is a plus) and Excel skills, and familiarity with Google applications is highly desired)
- Work with President, Communications Director, and Director of US Operations in growing membership
- Respond to general DVA emails
- Support grant applications